"New and Improved" - Selling your databases

I was asked to speak to VSB teacher-librarians at their September start-up. (Thanks for the invite, Moira!) The goal was to refresh their understanding of what databases we can offer to our teachers and students. Of course, the challenge is always a question of how to present, (and re-present), what may seem like "tired information" that everyone already knows.

In conversation with teachers, I realize that it's a question or readiness. Even if we've talked about databases and online reference multiple times, it will only "click" when the timing is right for that teacher!

My presentation to the VSB TLs focused on how we can bring a "New & Improved" vibe to Worldbook online and EBSCO magazines. (I also mentioned a handful of other resources.)

My slideshow with links is here.

==============