Baroque Music Project with Garage Band


I met with Lauren and Spencer at Mitchell to plan a Fine Arts project using one of the laptop labs.

Our goal is to have students learn about a Baroque musician, explore some music from the period and then compose some simple "pseudo-baroque" tunes using Garage Band. We decided on a stations approach.

1) The Listening Station:
Students can analyze some Baroque tunes by visiting the "podcast page" I've set up.
(Here's another good site.)

2) The Composer Research Station:
We will ask the teacher-librarian at Mitchell to help us pull some material for this station.

3) The Garage Band Station:
The students begin by playing with some demo clips I put together for the activity. Braver souls can try composing from scratch. (I'll post some student samples once we get rolling.)

More:
Assorted midi samples and handouts can be found here.

And I've put the student handouts up on Scribd. You can view and print them below:




Baroque Unit PDF